Monday, September 29, 2008

Now on "Random" in my car CD changer...

This is quite possibly the best album I have forked out any money for in quite a while:

Sara Bareilles, Little Voice


Despite my attempts to discover the facts, I can't determine if she writes her songs, and lyrics or just her songs, or just her lyrics or...I just don't know. Whoever did it is great. The lyrics are real poetry and I absolutely love this album. Her voice is the voice I should have had! Its just beautiful. I am wondering if there is a common denominator among this album and Fiona Apple's first album, "Tidal" because there are some strong similarities. Maybe its just an influence.

Lovin it!

I also watched "Baby Mama" the other night. I had fairly low expecations of it...I knew it would give me a couple of good laughs. Man, that Tina Fey is a talented writer! I laughed so hard...my favorite line from the movie is when Amy Pohler's character goes into labor, and they are in the car and she says something like "Yeah its funny cuz I feel really calm" and then it cuts to them entering the hospital with her in the wheelchair, screaming, "Oh my God it feels like I'm shitting a knife!!!!"

I wheezed for 10 minutes. Maybe cuz I just shit that knife a few months ago. LOL

Oh, the knife is waking up...gotta run. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment