Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To Love Another Person Is To See The Face Of God (Victor Hugo from Les Miserables)

Ok I hate to do this, but I have to. Bill Maher is a sad, ridiculous jackass. The idea of saying that all people who believe in any God are irrational and somehow less intelligent than people who don't believe is so insulting to me that it really gets my hackles up. I could quote some of the shit he said on The View, but I don't have any quotes handy. You're entitled to your own opinion and set of beliefs or non-beliefs, but to ridicule those who believe is plain stupid.

Up to 75 or 80% of the world believes in SOMETHING. So somehow Bill Maher is the enlightened one here? puh-lease!!

Am I saying that all believers are good peoople? no. Do they all do good in the world? hell no. But to say that we are stupid...come on.

Frankly my point is that life is too short, no matter what you do or don't believe, to focus on making people feel like crap about themselves and trying to convince people of your own point of view. Its circular reasoning really. You are allowed to not believe, so leave the people who do believe alone.

Go live on an island with Michael Moore and you can argue and depress each other to death.

There is a difference between the quest for the truth, and the quest for superiority and the desire to say "I'm right!"

To be on this journey, on this road of life, and to trample the people who happily travel this road just because you are bitter...that is just so pathetic.

**and as an addendum, I'll just throw it out there and I'm not sure why I added it to this particular post. Maybe because my Bill Maher bashing paints me as heavily right leaning. I don't feel the need to defend myself, but I think I'm furthering my point about leaving people alone in their beliefs...

and I would like to take this moment to tell all of my relatives, whom I love, to either stop reading, or do some yoga breathing, or brace yourselves...

I don't see how gay marriage is hurting any of our hetero marriages. Frankly if 2 people love each other enough to commit their lives to each other and take care of each other and make each other happy...that's just 2 more happy people in the world, as opposed to more people like Bill Maher. I think marriage takes more hits from people who diminish the concept of marriage by laughing in its face and mocking it with their non-existent or 5 minute marriages (Joy Behar, Goldie Hawn, everyone in Hollywood). If there are 2 people willing to do that kind of work to have a union, more power to them! Love is love. I don't have to agree with their politics or beliefs or anything they do. But if they want to treat marriage as the sacred bond it is...then rock on. Like I said people loving each other is better than people hating each other.

deep breaths people...in thru the nose, out thru the mouth...Its oooookaaaaay.....

No comments:

Post a Comment