Monday, October 20, 2008

seasonal non-sequiturs...and a flurry of pictures


Does anyone know how to keep one of these clean?!?!?!

Its one of those pet watering dealies.
we have tried putting it in a shady place (algae like sun), putting a tiny bit of bleach in the container, agitating the water to loosen the already present algae...there is no way to scrub the stuff out...there is no brush shaped to accomodate that task!

I guess I have to get one that hooks up to the hose so the water is always moving. That is not the ideal situation in our backyard layout but it makes the most sense I guess. stupid algae.

In other news, damn the commercials on the Nickelodeon channel(s). This is the first time that our son, almost 5, has taken any notice of these commercials and the fabulous products they peddle. Every single commercial causes Cliff to exclaim "I want that toy"...its a pixo, its a dinosaur, its an imaginext thingy, its an alien thing, is a remote helicopter....its never ending!!

and have you moms of boys seen that like $140 RC dinosaur in target? he won't let up about that thing and I'm not spending $140 on a toy he'll use for 5 minutes!! Oh look, I just checked at amazon...one hundred and SIXTY! cripes!

so his thing with the commercials that's kind of cute is that he tells me he wants something (including the space bag LOL - apparently he has noticed the mess in the linen closet??) and then he says "you have to be 18 or older".

Does anyone else remember the Sears catalogs? I used to sit down with one at this time of year with several sheets of binder paper and make my Xmas list. I wonder if my mom saved any of them? I was probably around 9 or 10. I had a column for page #, item #, description, and price. And then I somehow prioritized them with colored highlighters. Those were the good ol' days I tell ya.

We went to the pumpkin patch/local farm last weekend. It was really fun. Cliff took his "girlfriend" and his other buddy and they had a blast.

Henry had to help us navigate the spooky maze because we got lost in it. It was hot out and we just wanted to go have lunch and we couldn't find our damn way out. Several other families were trying to get out too and Henry was the designated scout and in the end, the maze hero. Let me tell you, city girl here couldn't wait to take a shower that evening. Cliffy turned to mud in his shower. ick. I love the beauty of the country, I just wish it was slightly more paved.


We also decorated the front porch.



oh and today, he found a dandelion on the grass and made a wish. I asked him what he wished for and then regretted it. He said he wished I was prettier and that my hair was lighter.

WTF? ! LOL

I have no idea where that came from. I was obviously sorry I asked what his wish was. Hmpf.

Amanda has started "begging" for food. We had pizza last night and she crawled from me to Cliff begging for bites. This is the first time she's had a taste of the best food in the universe...I just gave her some crust to gnaw on. She was Soooo happy...you kind of had to see it.


and if those eyes aren't enough...check these out:


gives whole new meaning to the term "baby blues"...if they stay that color and that big, we are in serious trouble. Well, let's face it, we're probably in trouble regardless...she's the product of ME and this man:

(that cat is bigger than one of our dogs...Inky weighs about 17 lbs!!)

I also found this old picture of cliffy...they get big SO fast!!!



and lastly...do you think this is considered "dog abuse"?



1 comment:

  1. The Sears catalog! I had nearly forgotten about that!

    Those are some seriously cute photos. I love the bow in Amanda's hair. I can't wait until Thea has enough hair to warrant such cuteness. I have a feeling it is going to be a loooong time. And those eyes - oh my!

    No idea on the pet waterer thingy.

    ReplyDelete