Friday, February 27, 2009

Things that perplex and fascinate me

Cherry yogurt. why leave the cherry pieces in it? because all that is left is the skin of the cherry. Ick.

that one shoe that you see in the parking lot or on the freeway. How did it get there? was there a struggle? was it a prank? an accident? the work of a naughty toddler? a drunk person? was the person just cleaning out their car as they drove down the freeway? "oh, gotta merge....ok, turn on signal...Oh I like this song. womanizer womanizer...wo...oh you know, I think I'm done with these boots. *rolls down window*"

I know there are some strong feelings on this but I have to put it out there: coconut. You either hate it or you love it. I happen to love it. Until I was pregnant with Cliff I could take it or leave it. I have always believed that the foods we crave are our bodies way of telling us we need something. Not talking about cheetoes. But one time I really craved broccoli. ew. I hate broccoli. Anyway, Google reports that coconuts are kind of a miracle fruit (I think its a fruit?) and island lore says it will help (almost anything) a queasy stomach. Since I was quite sick with Cliff, that would make sense. Its also a decent source of B vitamins, which can also quell nausea and morning sickness.

But enough educational crap. Today I found coconut cream hershey's kisses!!!!!
What?! this is just evil!! and very yummy.

That's it for now.

3 comments:

  1. You are better than Seinfeld..."What's the deal with..." I always wonder about the lone shoe too. I make up fantastic stories in my head, usually starting out romantic and passionate and ending up with someone storming off and leaving a shoe. There is gratuitious violence and racism in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! ...so what's wrong with Cheetos?

    ReplyDelete