Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Will Blog For Food

I got laid off today. I would say that I'm "raw" but I'm still too numb to know if I'm raw. I didn't see this coming at all. I have worked in this position for 8 years and I have been grateful and loved it every day. Its been flexible enough to allow me to be a good mom. I've been allowed that flexibility due to my blackberry and remote access. I was chained to the job 24/7 at times, worked on vacations, sick days, etc...but it was worth it to me.

And then, there's the Kindergarten demon again. crap. I had JUST made peace with the afternoon kindergarten plan, thanks to the flexibility of aforementioned job. That's all shot to hell now. I was so looking forward to that plan.


Of course I know all the cliches: these things happen for a reason, God has a plan, you'll land on your feet, something better will come along...etc etc etc.
Yes, these things happen for a reason. That doesn't mean the reason will benefit me. Yes God has a plan and I have a great deal of faith in Him. But I am wise enough to know that God's plans are not always easy. God doesn't always give you a nice neat package all wrapped in a pretty bow. I've been really lucky my whole life and unfortunately, I am a member of the "waiting for the other shoe to drop club". I'll land on my feet...well yes, I will...eventually. eventually is the key word there. Something better will come along....yes...maybe...eventually. There is no guarantee that I will get something better out of this. That would be great. That would be a blessing. But its also against the odds.

Until then, I wonder if anyone would pay me for witty, pithy blog entries?

Pray for me, friends.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I haven't stopped praying for you. You must be so mad, nervous, freaked out, hacked off, bitter, sad, etc. etc. I pray you have peace about whatever the plan turns out to be and I pray that you find a wonderful job quickly (or hit the jackpot on the lottery). Hang in there. Take a nap and--you know it always comes back to Rosemary's for me!--have a sundae. It will make you feel better. Maybe I'll go eat chocolate to try to make you feel better, too. BTW, I asked my dad if he knows of any job leads in Bako. I'll let you know if I hear anything. much love! aim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about this unexpected turn of events. I actually have heard that you can allow advertisers to advertise on your blog...I'm not sure how it works, but look into it. I wish I had something to say that would make it all better, but I don't. This stinks and that's all there is to it. Just know that on your worst days you're still the best employee any employer could ever hope for. Better things are yet to come!! Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how much it sucks. I don't know where I stand with God, but I do believe that you're right to be somewhat excited about the potential for something new and brilliant to come along. Having the patience to wait will be hard, but I hope that it's totally worth it for you and things work out. Totally thinking of you girlie.

    And don't get too down, I still need someone to kick me in the butt once in a while. (Maybe I could pay you to do that?)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Jay, kicking people in the ass for a living would be a dream come true LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete