Thursday, February 10, 2011

A message from some part of me...

so I did a guided meditation this morning. It was super lovely. I didn't get anywhere near through the CD but just a snippet. So the soft soothing meditation lady's voice tells me to scan my body and feel where there is tension. And on the exhale, release the tension. Then she goes on to say that I should silently ask the muscle that I feel tension in, "muscle, what message do you have for me?" "listen to what the muscle tells you and the message it brings to you. as soon as the muscle has been heard, it will automatically release"

Ok I thought, well that is just the goofiest thing EVER. I am a dancer and I am pretty in tune with my body. I do believe that your body will tell you what it needs, but this seemed silly. However, I noticed my shoulders, which are ALWAYS tense. It felt like I had two big fists buried in my shoulders between my neck and my shoulder joint.
So I silently asked my shoulders what they had to say.

you know what it said?

"You are carrying the world on us"

I started crying and like that the fists in my shoulders were gone.

You can make what you want of that, but...idanno. Whether it was my shoulders telling me that, or my heart, or my conscience, or God, it was a message that I needed.

so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment