Thursday, March 24, 2011

Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste...


Considering that my life is a pile of rubble, its all rather well decorated and color coordinated.

I have great taste in lamps. And I have many lamps. My apartment is Lamps R Us. So the bleak starting-over-ness is well lit.


My table and dining room furniture that I refinished with days of insomnia after I lost my job (2 years ago today but...pfffft....who's counting. that event hardly fazed me, right?) looks great in my little dining area, with the chairs I bought. Those chairs, strangely, are one of my favorite things. They have style. They are not ordinary. They are so uncomfortable.
(those pictures are from the house I lived in, not the shitty little apartment. I say that with much fondness as a nod to my friend Paul, who is no longer with us. He called everything his "shitty little"...)

I have so many orange and red, mostly glass, accessories, that I could open a little mini Pier-One.

The plant of unknown name right outside my front door has bloomed and its orange lily-like blossom matches my orange door mat and my orangely decorated living/dining room.


Its all very Martha Stewart, or David Bromstad, whom I like more.

Ignore the shitty linoleum. (no pictures of this stuff, sorry) Forget the laundry scattered everywhere. That's intentional. I find it artistic. I like the juxtaposition of textures. Don't...DON'T open that door. *shakes head* bad bad bad things happen when you open that door. My head explodes. Its very messy and inconvenient. I must distract you now. LOOK! look at how my 10 year collection of artwork all looks so intentional here in this space!!3

"From the broken debris of my heart, I will erect an altar to the Lord"





I think that was a rambling way of saying I'm grateful for where I am, even though I bitch about it a lot. I am kind of sick of FEELING all the time. damnit. I'm FEELING. I'm tired and I'm tired of being tired. But I do feel very blessed. damnit. happy shit is so much less interesting to blog about.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite part is "Avoid loud and aggressive people, they are vexations to the spirit." I'm muting a few Facebook friends/relatives right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it all! Look! I'm a big girl and I can comment :)

    ReplyDelete