Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Buddhist logic and Wonder Woman





So many things happened today, my head is spinning. I would love to blog about it. but I don't know where to start.

But here's something.

I have been told SO many times in the last 2 weeks how fricking funny I am. I cracked up my massage therapist the other day to the point that he had to pause and laugh hard. My wit has been sharpened to a fine point. Humor IS my armor. Its always been my defense mechanism. And the more you use something, the more honed it becomes, right? Well, because I've been defending myself so vigorously lately, my weaponry is at its best. I am at peak performance. I was told I should get a stand up routine. (I actually just plan to put it all in the book....the Erma bombeck meets Jenny McCarthy with more pith and spiritualism book about some aspect of this journey that is yet to be decided.)

Its the pain. The pain makes me funny.
funnier. I am totally deflecting all aspects of real life with humor. (I used to write my best poetry when I was in some kind of pain. But poetry right now is too...gooey and sticky and I don't want any of those icky emotions sticking to me. shake them off. flick them off, like boogers!)


...Like wonder woman's neato bracelet's as she throws her arm up to deflect a bullet...chaching...chaching. can't get none-a-that real shit on me...chaching...a funny thing happened to me on the way to the gyno...chaching...I don't need a man, I have a vibrator and duck tape...chaching. chaching chaching. keep it comin life. I'm fucking hiliarious.

So the Buddhist aspect of it is this. Buddhism says "life is pain". I say "life is funny". therefore, pain is funny.

Are we having fun yet? Apparently. a friggin blast actually.

chaching!







1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. If you make a joke out of the pain, it sure hurts a lot less. Practice makes perfect & at some point in time when you're able to laugh off a super hurtful deed/comment in front of people, you will reach "bitch status". It's what I strive for ;)

    ReplyDelete