Friday, April 8, 2011

My self report card

I've been wanting to blog, but some of what I have been experiencing is a bit too personal for the internet. Besides, I have to give you a reason to buy "the book" right? :)

I will say this...its been an emotional few weeks. And all told, I'm pretty proud of myself. For the first time in my life I'm actually taking care of myself, putting myself first, recognizing my foibles and my potential for self destruction before it gets too close. I'm not really trying to do these things...its just happening...which makes it all them more exciting. I am becoming a healthier person. It feels great. I mean, it hurts. Its like soul exercise. I'm sore. But I'm getting my soul in shape. a heart shape I hope.

I give myself an A.

(in unrelated news...Cliff got a pretty solid overall B in the 3rd quarter of 1st grade. Mandy is getting her tonsils out next week. stay tuned for stories of jello barf and lots of drama. It'll be riveting. promise)

1 comment:

  1. Ice cream and plenty of it for the patient. Oh, and for you, too! REward yourself for your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete