Friday, April 29, 2011

A snippet from the Royal Wedding Sermon...

The Sermon from the Royal Wedding was really lovely. I can't stop using that word. Its not a word I normally use and yet, today, I can not stop saying LOVELY. sigh.

Anyway, I am just going to paste this first paragraph and tell you that this resonates so deeply with me. This is why I made some very hard and...um...excruciating choices in the last 2 years. Because I feel that "we" were holding each other back from just this very thing...

Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.” So said St Catherine of Siena whose festival day it is today. Marriage is intended to be a way in which man and woman help each other to become what God meant each one to be, their deepest and truest selves.


The whole text is here.

1 comment: