Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You might be a human if...

I think this woman's voice has pinpointed my conflict, and based on her readers' comments, the conflict of many others. It seems like a no-win. There was no easy answer. But if you felt conflicted hearing the news of Osama Bin Laden's death...relief followed by fear or sadness, followed again by pride, followed by anger...followed by elation, followed by shame...
you might be a human. No matter how you slice it, we are an US. not just the U.S. us. The human race US. And we do nothing but fight with our selves. We are the ultimate schizophrenic.
Deep thoughts for a Tuesday. But ultimately, regardless of your beliefs, we ARE all connected. Whether we all came from the matter of exploding stars, or we were formed by the hands of a loving God, we all have one origin, the same chromosomal definitions. We all bleed, we all breathe, we all experience fear and love, we all love our children, we all eat, sleep, and in some form, we all pray.

Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Surely you know that. I wish we could just love the hell out of bad people...literally.

Love the hell out of some part of your life today. I have my first divorce court appearance tomorrow. I hate that part of my life. I hate the pain and fear I have bathed in until my fingers are wrinkly. I hate that its hurting all of us. But I adamantly believe everything happens for a reason. Cliche, yes. Well kiss my ass. cliches exist for a reason. Because I believe things are unfolding exactly as they should, no matter how much it hurts, I'm going to try to love the parts of myself, and my life, that I don't want to love. I want to hate them. I've been through hell. I'm going to love the hell out of my life...

2 comments:

  1. While i totally understand doing things in the heat of the moment...i was watching A WW2 flic and they showed the camps...full knowing they were actors and stage sets, I still broke up some..and you know about the last day of my divorce...thank you for reminding me im not wierd for having soft spots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it going.... you are SO much stronger than you realize! So glad to have you back in my life.

    ReplyDelete