Thursday, March 21, 2013

Have I mentioned lately...

How blessed I am?

First of all, my kids are ah-may-zing.  They are SO freaking funny.  Some days, its all I can do to get through the day just to get to pick them up!  Usually Cliff is a mess when he gets in my car. I don't mean dirty. I mean, yes. He looks like he rolled his face around on the blacktop.  But he's always emo, and pissy and starving like he just got out of a prison. He takes his black disgusting hands and eats whatever snacks I have in my car.   But he's always mad or upset or pissy or ...he's like a pre-menstrual girl.

Mandy is hilarious.  I call her the Hobbit because she never stops eating!  ever. and she's hilarious. cliff is funny too. but Cliff is like Jack Tripper from Three's Company...remember that show? yeah. That's Cliff.  Jerry Lewis+Jack Tripper+Spiderman+Seinfeld.

But Mandy...says things like this:

Me: Mandy, you are going to behave and have manners in the restaurant, right???!
Mandy: Yep.  I'll put my crazy in my pocket.

This explains so much.  Cuz I never have pockets. Ever.   I do have a might big purse though so maybe that's where I should keep my crazy.

So I'm super blessed with those babies of mine.

I have everything I need in my life. I can't complain. I mean..yes...I can.  I do.  Hello, have we met? yeah I complain.  But whatever. On the flip side of the whining is gratitude.

I have a great car, which I mused about trading in/down sizing.  But the dealer made me the stupidest deal EVAH so ...nope.

I love my apartment.  gypsy camp.  I'll explain that another time.

I have myriad blessings.

And I feel good things coming.

and as far as my pissy pillow post...I'm less pissy now.  Just sometimes...sometimes...I need to receive.  I used to suck at receiving. But I've learned to do it. and now I need it.  we all do. sometimes my tank runs empty and people keep pulling up to make a withdrawal and then I have a hissy fit.
 The truth is, for the people I love, I am happy to be their soft place to fall, and I would not have it any other way.  But there are people who do a lot of taking and not a lot of giving.  Sometimes its just a phase or an era or circumstances in their life.  sometimes its just the nature of the person.  sometimes I just gotta call a time out and tell everyone to get the eff off my pillow.

But I'm blessed with the family and friends I have and with the life I live.





 

1 comment:

  1. I cried when I read this, yes, me... I cried. It was a happy cry... I'm so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete